Friday, March 5, 2010

Remember Me?

Remember Me?  is written by Sophie Kinsella (the same author as the shopaholic series).  I really really liked this book.  It was an easy read and was really funny.  I found myself laughing out loud several times throughout the book. 

The main character, Lexi gets in a car accident, bumps her head and wakes up with amnesia.  Before the accident she basically had nothing going for her.  She was nicknamed Snaggletooth because her teeth were not straight, she was a little overweight, and was just passed up on getting a bonus at her job.  She was even dating a guy they all called Loser Dave.  So you can just imagine what kind of life she was living. 

When she woke up with amnesia, she learned that she was  no longer 'snaggletooth', with pretty veneers, thin tummy and waist, married, and was now the boss at her old job!  She found out that her personality and life had completed changed during the last 4 years. 

Lexi leaves the hospital and goes back to her new home with her new husband and tries to piece together the last 4 years.  She learns a lot about who she has become and doesn't like it.  Eventually she finds out why she changed so drastically. 

I recommend that everyone read this book.  It was a nice change to read something funny and carefree! 

RESULTS: 1 vote, 100% for Liked it

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! I LOVE Sophie Kinsella...she is one of my favorite authors. She also has books under another name (not sure which is her pen name), Madelaine Wickham, and those books are equally good. I listened to the audio version of this book on a drive from Colorado to El Paso. if you like her books, you'll love books by Jennifer Weiner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again...hey, check out this link...

    http://one2try.blogspot.com/2010/03/like-to-do-book-reviews.html

    the lady that hosts this blog is looking for people to do book reviews. I thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read one of the Shopaholic books that she wrote and it was really good. I'll have to put this book on my list to read someday... after I'm finished with school! :)

    ReplyDelete